What is our Mission?
First – providing outstanding quality instruction to all students, no matter how young or inexperienced. We believe that having a high-quality professional teacher is the key factor in making your musical experience a rewarding one right from the start – for both immediate enjoyment and long-term progress.
Second – creating a warm and welcoming environment for all students, whatever their age, prior experience or musical goals. For more on this, learn how we teach and why we teach.
Third – giving back to the community by bringing our music to nursing homes, libraries, and outdoor events. Our students learn that sharing the gift of music with others takes the pressure off performing and enriches lives.
What do we Offer?
Whether you have no experience or plenty, and whatever your musical aims - you'll find a teacher here who'll support you in achieving them, and perhaps also challenge you to reach for a little more!
Who are our Students?
Our students cover a wide range! They include:
- Complete beginners, from age 3 up to our oldest beginner - so far! - of 82
- Children and adults for whom music is an enjoyable enrichment activity
- Serious and dedicated young musicians, for whom music may play a significant part in their college applications or even career plans
Many are from Wayland, Weston, Sudbury, and Lincoln; but we’ve also welcomed students from Natick, Framingham, Concord, Maynard, Stow, Hudson, Ashland, Wellesley, Millis, Southborough, Westborough, Woburn, Brighton and Boston. Our summer students have come from as far away as Texas, California and Taiwan!
Who are our Teachers?
WSM teachers have a strong professional record as both teacher and performer. We require:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional teaching experience (the average is much more)
- Serious professional performing credits with recognized ensembles
- A commitment to ongoing growth as musician and educator
Our teachers bring their enduring passion for both music and teaching into our studios, and inspire our students with their enthusiasm and expertise.
They are established professional musicians who choose to teach because they really love doing so, and are patient, skilled, dynamic and fun! Meet them at our Faculty page.